Saturday, April 17, 2010

Our wounded pup!

On Wednesday evening we decided to take Lucy for a walk (this doesn't happen very often!) It was about 8:30 so it was getting dark. We rounded the corner at the end of our block and out runs a boxer from one of the houses he came charging toward her and instantly started attacking her. It scared me to death. All I could do was scream. Luckily Jeff was with me! He started kicking the dog. Jeff had to kick the dog about 10 times before he was able to get him off Lucy. Finally the owner came out and took the dog inside. I felt so bad for Lucy she was shaking like crazy, along with me and Jeff! Once we got Lucy back home and was able to check her out in the light we found a nice bite on her side by her back leg. We took her to the vet the next day. He put her on some medicine and then told us that she needs to where a T-shirt for a week or so until the wound closes up. It is pretty funny seeing her walk around in a t-shirt. I promise we are not one of those weird couples that dresses their dogs up in sweaters and junk. This is for medical purposes only! Once it closes up that shirt is coming off! The owner of the other dog has been really good about it and paid the vet bill. I am glad my pup is okay. I love her probably a little too much! Here are some pictures to give you all a laugh!







We got this shirt at the DI. We thought it fit her well!

4 comments:

Johnsons said...

Hi. This is Amber Johnson. Found you from the ward blog. So sorry about your dog. Hope all is better soon. Love the shirt.

Briar said...

I also read your blog from the ward - I just go through the lists when I am bored.

I wanted to tell you that boxer is a menace and used to attack my friends great dane OFTEN. They always keep their door open so he comes and attacks anyones dog that comes by. Obvioulsy big and small. I would report that dog if I were you and if you haven't already. I don't have a dog but if mine was attacked by that specific dog i would definitely report, the owners are not being responsible at all!

Heather said...

So sad. Seriously.... I don't blame you for loving your dog too much... I mean, is that even possible?? She is such a cutie. Hope she starts feeling better soon!

triplej said...

Ashlee...was that dog off of a leash in the complex? What number did it come out of?...I know some good board members who would love to do something for you! Poor Lucy! Hope she is feeling better.